Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pyrrha

My friend ...who is a dude...introduced me to this beautiful line of jewelry, Pyrrha.


Pyrrha makes just gorgeous replications of 18th and 19th century wax seals. Furthermore, they responsibily cast them into reclaimed metals! Yeehaw! Check out their eco practices here.

Now why do I have this on Fourteen Carrots? You guessed it! Check out the rad horse themed ones!

Here we have the horseshoe themed ones:



This one above with the horse shoe and wings is called the "Luck and Protection Talisman"

This handcrafted talisman necklace features a horseshoe representing luck. The wings which flank the horseshoe signify protection. I don't know about you, but I can always use luck and protection when I am riding.


And for the fox hunter:



And lastly, the horsies!
This is the one I particularly am drooling over. It is the "Running Horse Talisman". The translation of the French is Valiant by Land and Sea. The horse is described as representative of  "unconditional bravery."

They also have several unicorn and dragon pieces that I just love. However, I felt showing these on a horse blog would be controversial. For instance, many people distinctly feel there is no relation between unicorns or horses or pegasuses (pegasi?) and are offended by the implication. Dragons could eat a horse. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment