Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013 Blog Resolution: Better Photos for a Better Blog

Something has always irritated me with my blogs: the absolute wretched photographs I take. So for 2013, I made a resolution: better photos for a better blog. I was very lucky to be introduced to the blog of Ken Rockwell. This has provided me with simple, usable, and understandable basics with which to begin my acquisition of "photography skills."

Today after I rode Oliver (aka Mr. Withers, Olivander, Twistey), I decided to shoot some photos of my friends at the dressage barn. By friends, I of course mean horses. My sole approach for today's photo-shoot was to integrate Ken Rockwell's F.A.R.T technique for photography: Feel, Ask, Refine, Take.

These photographs, in my mind, are already tremendously improved. Just having an intent with the photography - similar to riding - brought them a long way. Here are a few of my favorites.

Oliver, with purple cooler

Oliver

Amigo, you may recall him from his EOOTD

Amigo

Sutter


No comments:

Post a Comment